In 1932 Rotary developed a criteria for driving successful business outcomes and positive community behaviour known as the Four Way Test. These principles have guided our club to make effective decisions and support projects that serve the best interests of our community locally and globally. Our focus is engaging with the local community, supporting local and overseas aid projects, and carrying out hands-on local community projects.
Over the years our club has been involved in many fundraising activities to support local and overseas aid projects. These have included the Melbourne Cup Calcutta, Christmas Hamwheel, The Great Aussie Picnic, Money Spinner, and The Great Debate.
Our current club projects include the monthly charity Markets and the yearly Motor Traders Golf Day charity event. As a result of our commitment, we have been proud to support the Red Shield Appeal, Salvation Army, Blue Nurses, Gladstone Hospital Auxiliary, Gladstone SES, Roseberry House, Police Citizens Youth Club, Community Health Centre, Camp Quality, World Vision, Red Cross, Kick in for Kidneys, Capricorn Helicopter Rescue, and many more.
In addition, our club supports the following Rotary initiatives and projects.
- Rotary International
- Rotary Foundation Youth Exchange Program
- Australian Rotary Health Research
- Rotary Australia World Community Service
- Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment (RYPEN)
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA)
- National Youth Science Forum (NYSF)
Four Way Test
Of all the things we think, say or do;
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?